Thursday, December 17, 2009

Light Painting


Last night as I was riding home from the our family shopping trip in the pitch black & entertaining myself by taking photos of random car lights or xmas lights with a long exposure on my camera, it reminded me that I've always wanted to give "Light Writing" or "Light Painting" or "Glow Doodles" a try. So, REALLY late last night I sat on my kitchen floor,(in the dark), put my point-n-shoot camera on a chair, changed the setting to Night Landscape & set the self timer. It's my first go at it, but I want to experiment with the manual settings & see if I can get the exposure set for a longer time. I had so much fun! I used a little blacklight pen that my daughter has in her super-secret-spy-kit. haha!

Check out THIS LINK from DIY Photography about the how to's of  painting with light.
Look HERE at a rather famous painter back in the 40's creating a masterpiece with a flashlight.
Click HERE to see photos in the Light Painting Flick group.
And finally, click HERE for a link to photojojo, where you learn how to paint with light in real-time using your webcam. Pretty cool!





My sad little Christms tree:
 

I traced the outline of my face in this photo:


Happy face:


Mickey Mouse:


A cat:


Yeah, you can see in the Mickey Mouse photo that there is a capture of my stove clock. It says 12:23am. So, you can see what sort of things are going through my head at that time of the morning: Disneyland & kitties.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment