Thursday, September 24, 2009

Legally One


The other night, my kids and I went to the wedding reception of a gay couple that we are absolutely head over heels for. If you asked my children who their favorite humans on the planet are, these two would both be near the top of the list. For me, there are no words...

Without question they have the relationship I dream of having.

They flew to Boston and were legally married. The justice of the peace that performed their ceremony told them that not one word had been changed for gay marriages - word for word the vows are the same for straight and gay couples. Their reception, attended by family and friends (many of the LDS faith) was held in a very classy Salt Lake cafe. There was delicious food, drinks, music, candles and tree lights, laughter, tears and happy-happy-joy-joy.

And, behold, the sky did not fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment