Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Affirming

So, I spoke at the Affirmation conference again this past Saturday. I talked about the new place I am finding myself with God and it freaked the hell out of me. As previously stated, I would rather publicly discuss my coochie than my spirituality. But, since there were WAY more gay men there than lesbian women, I don't think that would have been a very popular topic. And even the lesbians may not have been interested. For some reason, with the exception of relatives, lesbians don't seem to like me. Almost every single time I go out of my way to introduce myself to a lesbian woman that seems like a totally cool and interesting person, she gives me the stink eye. While my personality might be like champagne bubbles to some people, I am well aware that it is a sword through the head to others. Lesbians are seeming to fall into the latter category. Maybe said personality reminds them too much of the girls they hated in high school. Who knows...

Anyway, talk went well. Although, I was totally misquoted in the Deseret News. I would never tell a gay Mormon to be a Mormon on their own terms. I would tell them not to be a Mormon. And I would never use the words "each and every one of us" unless I was drunk.

Song last night at the benefit concert for Utah's homeless youth went well too. It was the first time I have sung publicly in nine or so years. I thought I would be far more nervous than I was but, while my voice ain't what it used to be, it was so fun to be singing in front of people and flexing that muscle again.

One of the highlights of the entire weekend was meeting Robert Kirby - on whose sense of humor I have an enormous crush. I was so excited it was all I could do to refrain from licking his cheek and piddling on his shoe. Which I practically did anyway.

Sword through the head.

I hope it didn't damage his super cool giant mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment