Friday, April 16, 2010

All Things Man

The moment I heard the words "Man Expo" it began calling my name.

So, I took my little self down to the Southtowne Expo Center and had a look-see. I walked in and felt the testosterone wash over me. Not kidding, I just stood there and breathed it in. They were everywhere. Straight men. Cleaning guns, duct taping things, playing basketball and video games and selling man stuff. There was a wrecked car they could take turns beating with a metal bat, one of those American Gladiator suspended logs that you knock one another off of with those giant Q-tips, a water ski jump demonstration the length of the room and a mechanical bull. Everything smelled like sweat, leather, competition and capability. I loved every second of it.

How is that for restoring balance? I am one step closer to finding the man who can build the freakin' bed he'll throw me down on.

In the name of Clint Eastwood, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment