Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello, I hope you've had a good weekend!

I know i did! about a month ago I went to Rocky Point with friends, it was really fun! & this past weekend I went with my parents and sister!
I guess they were jealous I got to go and they hadnt been there before :P I dont know. it turned out to be a really fun trip. I love the time i get to spend with my family, now that ive been moved out for a while.
So we went spent the first two days at the beach almost the entire day. I had a shrimp cocktail each day we were there. And we rode on jet skis, which was amazing! Scary and so much fun! I love the beach.

I used my moleskine this time

using a red pencil i found in my bag.


& during the car ride home I drew my dad! black ball point pen.

During the car ride over there, i read an interview with David Choe in Giant Robot Issue #50.
has anyone read it? I found and inspiring tib bit, where he talks about the last illegal thing he had done.
He says he tags every hotel room he stays in. painting a character in the paintings they have, or moving a couch or something, and drawing something behind it. :D


Inspiring Indeed! :D Bird behind painting in hotel room in Mexico

My bird has made a couple other appearances:

Bird on the floor of a shop in Tempe. There's graffiti stuff every where, there! pretty cool.

and it started from here: I think. the drawing of the girl with a bird on her shoulder (available as a sticker!)
on the right > Bird in my sketchbook.. just practicing.


Okay, till later!
New drawings and dolls soon! :D in my shop

oh! & p.s.
I was at Conspire some Sundays ago for a meeting. Chuck B. from Spraygraphic was snapping some pictures. And I just ran into them over here. They are all of Conspire! (ive been spending lots of time there recently, and I have art available for purchase there).
anyway, I found a picture with me in it at the end!
...so, its a must-share-in-blog type of thing. I guess.

I enjoy finding things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment