Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God Is Not Your Bitch

Another well written, humorous and thought provoking column from the San Francisco Gate's Mark Morford. I love this guy. Many of you will not. Oh well. I'm going to continue to post links anyway because he kicks serious ass. My favorite line: I find I am in a constant swoon of giddy amazement at this universal phenomenon, the fabulous, hubris-loaded idea that God is NOT actually an unfathomable river of cosmic energy to be supped from like liquid light, while you still take complete responsibility for your own life and choices.

Strange things are afoot - not only at the Circle K, but in the heart and soul of this sassy little blogger. Miracles. And the fact that I can even write the word miracle, let alone God, without my colon breaking out in hives is parade worthy.

There is spiritual life on the other side of religious brain damage. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment