Sunday, April 20, 2008

time is t i c k i n g, time is ticking




Epik High's new fifth album is out! I am super happy about it. I wish I could go and buy a copy but sad to say that I cannot support artists and I have resolved to downloading. But that is okay. I just felt like posting since I haven't posted in like.. awhile? Feels empty if me or Pachia do not update in like a week or so.

Time is ticking for the AP TESTS. I have two weekends before my first test happens. Oh joy. And also I realized how time has GONE BY SO FAST! I was thinking about blogging about it and so I guess I will. My best friend from sixth grade added me on facebook. It was a total shock and surprise. We lost contact after she went back to Hong Kong in seventh grade. I was sad because we got really close, really fast back in sixth grade. I had to transfer late to a new school. It was surprising but Joyce and I became such good friends so quick. I used to go to her house every weekend in the summer and we would swim and listen to the Hilary Duff movie soundtrack because we went to go see it with a couple other friends at my birthday party. I even went to a new middle school, that was very far from my house, just to be with her. I hadn't really thought her until recently. After talking to her on facebook for the last couple days, it opened a whole flood of memories of sixth grade and memories at middle school. When she posted some old pictures of us and friends from sixth grade and seventh grade, I WAS SO SURPRISED at how young we looked. We really did look like little kids and I remember how "grown up" we tried to act. How hilarious it is to think back at it.

THIS WAS ALMOST FIVE YEARS AGO!!!
Look at nerdy me in the glasses.

It makes me smile though. I still think I was the same person from back then, but looking at those pictures now, I see I am not. I have grown a lot. Pretty weird to see me now, seventeen in a week and half (OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGG I AMMM GOONNNA BE OLD) and look at me back then, twelve years. Wow. A big difference. I can't believe how many things have changed in the last five years. I thank Joyce for reminding me of those times and opening all those memories back again. They were good memories. I can't wait to see her again for the first time in five years in September. She is finally coming back for a visit to America. Maybe we will have a little Merryhill/Sutter reunion with our old classmates. That would be a surprise. But I doubt much about any of us has changed. We all look the same but slightly a little older, maybe a little wiser (or stupider), and just a little more happier. I am glad those horrid middle school days are over.

More PostSecrets

christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment