Monday, May 30, 2011

Chief's Original Bootcamp: Day #1

Confessions of a first-time bootcamper/supposed 'bimbo':

If window shopping/actual shopping is your only exercise, you'll be able to truly identify with me.

It was 6.10am.
Thought I woke up on time as it only takes 10mins to reach USJ1 from my crib. Woke the snoring sis up, washed up, get dressed, tied up a pony tail, all ready to conquer my physical limits and resurrect my stamina.

One problem:
My pants were a tad too long. So I went around the house searching for safety pins. But I could not find a single, miserable, tiny pin in sight. Unbelievable.It was already 6.35am. Bootcamp starts at 6.45am sharp. I am so super late.

Gulped a glass of hot drink and drifted to the battleground.

By the time we reached, everyone and I mean, EVERY SINGLE ONE were already doing their warm ups and everything. Sis and I panicked and ran around aimlessly looking for a place to report ourselves. Apparently we looked like lost chicken but ANYWAY.

We were required to run 5 laps (5 or 6? or 10? lost count! the only thing that I thought abt was to stay alive), come back to our initial starting point, do push ups, sit ups, etc. By the time I was done with the torture, 5 things were running in my mind:


#1: Where did my dancer's stamina go???!!!!

#2: I feel nauseous.

#3: I wanna go home.

#4: What did I get myself into?!

#5: Wait, I really really need to puke.


But I didn't cos I was shy and my puke was also shy like me so it went back in.
Plus, I didn't know where to puke. The open field? The dustbin? The bench?

Then, God sent his rain.
I was secretly feeling happy.
Thought we could go home but NO, another 8 laps to go. In the rain. In the cold, cold rain.

In my heart I was singing,

'I know that You are for me,
I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness.'

God. Whyyy.

But anyway, drama aside, managed to finish all 8 laps with Andrea Kee, who also felt as nauseous as me.

As time went by, it all became easier.

Lookin' forward to the next Bootcamp! ;)
No, I mean it.

bootcamp
Here's our victory rawwwwwwr!
Ok, just me and Gladys :(

Gotta go get ready for a shoot now.
Long day ahead, but I feel refreshed :)

Hooyah!


love, careen

No comments:

Post a Comment