Friday, January 28, 2011

Happygasms Where I Least Expected Them

Last night I attended my daughter's Jr High School orchestra concert where a professional musician named Aaron Ashton (who I believe is a friend of her teacher) performed to raise funds for the school's music department.

Holy shit.

Once in a while we are fortunate enough to see someone perform that takes what they do to a whole new level. Someone who has become so skilled and so out of this world perfect that it seems the most effortless thing ever done and leaves you breathless and gaping - jaw dropped. That was what last night gifted me with. I seriously needed a cigarette when this guy was done playing.

To see an orchestra full of kids playing along with that level of talent and to see my beautiful daughter and her cello get swept up in the gorgeous music (she also got to sing with him) was priceless. The video below (not from last night and, unfortunately, poorly shot) is them performing my favorite song of the evening.



Check him out. His album "Split The Difference" is really incredible. If you ever get the chance to hear him and his band play, jump on it. You will be so glad you did.

Yey, public school! They step up once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment