Thursday, January 28, 2010










Everybody around here cooks & bakes--- from scratch. Like, REAL scratch. As in..
Q: What's for dinner?
A: I got a buffalo out back.

I'm a little intimidated but a lot motivated to be a real home-cookin' kind of gal. In fact, last night someone gave me a couple gallons of beans, which are in my freezer-- ready to be heated up & smashed & turned into homemade refried beans. I've never made 'em before. But how simply lovely that someone gifted me with beans!!

Tonight I'm going out on the town. Well, I'm tagging along with some ladies from my church to go to dinner & comedy with ladies from another nearby church. It's very weird being a pastor's wife for the first time. I felt very comfortable in my skin 2 months ago, but now that there are more eyes on me, & I can't help but wonder if some people are being more chummy & wanting to hang out JUST because I'm the pastor's wife, well, that feels all strange-like. I find it perplexing. I want to be popular because I'm awesome, not because of who I'm married to. Haha!

♥ Nikki

P.S. I can't stand it anymore. A crafty post MUST happen tomorrow. I have no idea what it'll be, but it's gonna happen!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment