Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Joey Diaries: Training Of An Undisciplined Spaz


So, I was contacted a few weeks ago by this woman in Vegas, Geralynn Cada, who is known as the Doggie Guru. She is a jewelery designer and has been a dog trainer the majority of her life. We have mutual friends who insisted that she pick my brain about blogging and publishing. We got on the phone and began chatting.

She started telling me about her years of dog training and what she does. She asked me about my dog. We both started talking over one another and the following exchange happened simultaneously.

Me: Yeah, Joey is darling and I absolutely adore him. He keeps me happy. But, he is a totally undisciplined spaz...

Geralynn: ...I have come to realize that dogs are mirrors of their owners.

A totally undisciplined spaz.

Awesome.

Needless to say, we struck a deal. She will teach me to train Joey (and apparently my undisciplined spazzy self in the process) and I will write about it.

Shit. This could get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment