Saturday, September 25, 2010

Halloween countdown post #1: The best new animatronic props for 2010

_______________
The Bridge Buster
'This effect is definitely a show piece. The bridge buster is a 10 foot long (including ramps) bridge with a screen built into the floor. The "shaft" scene on the screen appears to go down forever. When triggered, a character comes climbing up the pipes and begins banging on the floor of the bridge causing the entire prop to bounce with each hit. Finally, he reaches off screen and breaks a steam pipe there blasting guests with "steam". This effect is great in any boiler room or basement type scene. $7000 -- Pale Night Productions




______________
Wheel Chair Axe Attack
'This crazy mad man appears to have wacked his own legs off until his wheel chair lunges forward, and he lunges up out of his chair swinging his axe at you! $2744.50' -- Nightscream Studios




_______________
Ghost Bust Scarecrow
'This possessed scarecrow sets the tone for a night of spooky fun! Ghost Bust. Includes life-size bust, Scarecrow Routine, and our discrete projector which now comes complete with simple mounting hardware. Instructions provided to make your own Scarecrow. $1799.00' -- The Haunter's Depot




______________
T-Rex Skeleton Crypt
'An ancient gothic crypt is guarded by the grisly remains of a ghastly skeletal horde. When activated the giant head of an angry t-rex skeleton lunges through the opening, jaws snapping. Movements include: T-rex character, lunge forward/back, head left/right, head pan, head tilt, jaws and crypt doors open/close. $5,743.75' -- Scare Factory




____________
The Haunted Gate
'A seemingly normal gate starts to bang in the wind ant then things really start going out of controll when the creature that live behind the gate knocks it down and then charges for you. The Haunted Gate comes with gate, creature, controller and sound. $4300' -- The Horror Dome




______________
Terror Train
'The front half of train blows off steam, turns on its high beams, and shoots out at you while the horn blows and the lights flash. $6450' -- Johnson Animatronics




_______________
Death Chamber 2010
'This centerpeice animatronic is like nothing else. The realistic man in a straight jacket struggles in the chair, taunting patrons. When the switch is thrown, a siren is hear, man starts thrashing wildly, as smoke fires, screaming and lunging till he finally succumbs Then, BANG he leaps out of the chair and into the glass, startling the amazed onlookers. Includes beacon light, fog machine, fan, amp with speaker, digital sound everything needed to run unit. Requires AC power and 125 psi air compressor with air tank. Freight shipping. Comes with a plexiglass chamber. $8900' -- The Horror Dome




____________
The Wall Crawl
'This video is made to be mounted in the ceiling and shows a view up into the turret of an old mansion. As lightning flashes through the windows a ghoul is seen plastered to the ceiling. She then begins climbing down the walls in grotesquely contorted poses before lunging down for a shocking end. This effect is available in two different forms. The "Complete Package" option includes the television, video, player, mat switch trigger, and frame. The "Video Only" option is just a DVD with the video files on it set to a loop. You provide all the components and use our video to complete the effect. $2900' -- Pale Night Productions




_____________
Creepy Cathy
'This little zombie girl is coming to get you! She pivots at the wall while moaning and screaming! 48 x 18 x 18. $379.00' -- The Haunter's Depot




______________
Dark Puppet Theater
'This life-size marionette is like nothing ever produced. This centerpiece product is designed to astonish and then startle your patrons. As the music plays, the puppet comes to life and dances slowly. The sound escalates and a wall of fog rises. As the puppet is obscured, he blasts through the wall of fog; mouth now open and screeching. This automatic scream maker is bizarre and very effective. Puppet stands approx. 6' tall on a 20" stage. Stand height is approx. 12' but can be easily shortened to fit most venues. Puppet includes metal stage and stand, PLC control unit, digital sound, fog machine, par light, amp with speakers, cables and all necessary hardware. Requires AC power and 125 psi air compressor. $9150' -- The Horror Dome




______________
Cotton Candy Puking Clown
'Gruesome clown stirs cotton candy in machine and then pukes water into the cotton candy with left/right & forward/back head movements. $4993.75' -- Scare Factory




______________
The Butcher Window
'The Butcher Window looks onto a grimy tool shed type room. When triggered, a girl comes running into the room followed by a greasy butcher character. They struggle, but she manages to get away and run to the window. As she bangs on it trying to escape the entire metal screen shakes to match. The butcher then grabs a cleaver from the table and throws it at her nearly missing and sticking through the wall. She grabs it, hits him with it, and escapes. This is a great effect for any butcher, slaughterhouse, or similar scene. $3900' -- Pale Night Productions




_____________
Hell Demon
'Only 6’0” tall when collapsed and hidden our Hell Demon rises to the incredible height of 18’6” with a wig span of 19’. Character features independent arm, wing, head and jaw movements. Articulating thrashing victim is designed to be held by the legs. Characters thrashes via independent leg and abdominal movements. Beautiful bas relieved Crypt features Skeletal Skull and shield crest/sheild on both ends and dramatic relief of the Angel of Death encompassing both entire sides of the crypt. $12743.75' -- Scarefactory




_____________
Still Alive
'A bloody mess has been made out of this body. Once activated the stomach starts moving and the legs start kicking. Then the head and spinal cord rip out of the body, lunging at you, spraying out a powerful blast of air and a mist of water. $2744.50' -- Nightscream Studios




_______________
Hallway 2 Hell
'Moving wall system can be independently programmed to pitch left, yaw right, bounce, shutter, wave back and forth and collapse at will. Individual units are 10’ long, with a dedicated walkway width of 5’, when in its tallest position unit stands 9’. By putting two of these units together and programming theme differently, you create an incredibly dramatic 20’ Hallway that nicely replaces in both size and function the industries spinning tunnel effects, without the need for steps, ramps or handrails. Unlike spinning tunnels, this effect can be easily integrated within a variety of themes and it fits in seamlessly with the rest of your attraction. The unit sets up in minutes not hours. Modular panel design allows the unit to be quickly and easily setup and the pieces are small enough and light weight to allow them to go anywhere in your attraction without the need to de-construct your maze. Base units come unthemed so that you can ‘decorate it yourself and save” or you can buy the optional theme packages below, allowing the unit to arrive completely ready to just plug in and go. $8243.75' -- Scarefactory




________________
Cool Jerk
'Cool to the touch and still twitching. This creepy product is sure to disturb. Foam filled latex with sturdy metal armature, thrashes organically. Operated with included switch or optional timer, motion sensor or pressure pad. Requires AC power and 100 psi air compressor.Approx. 48" long x 20" wide x 12" deep. $2620' -- The Horror Dome




________________
Demon Knight Giant
'9' tall Animated Super Creature is Evil on Steroids, Independent control over 9-functions incl.- legs, arms, torso rotation, head turn, tilt and jaw. The most menacing character we have ever created. Demon Knight Propulsion Rig - Ground based scissor mechanism propels DemonKnight to run or walk out at variable speeds a total distance of 11'. OPTIONS: Demon Knight Saw Attachment. Arm based weapon includes Saw mech, motor, and fake blade spins at 125 rpm with slip clutch, includes dc spark creator for special effects. DemonKnight Severed Victim: Victim of saw attachment, rag doll designed to be carried in Demon Knight's left hand.$14,997' -- Haunted Props




_______________
Spitting Debby 2010
'Spitting Debby is a nasty little girl who bobs her head as she chews on her dinner while making chomping noises. During her program she lifts her head and spits with a big blast of air and water mist (approx. 12' throw). Includes complete digital control and sound system, amp with speaker and water reservoir. Its a must have product for the serious haunter. Requires 100-125 psi air compressor and AC power. $1399.00' -- The Horror Dome




________________
Drowning Tank
'The Drowning Tank is a six foot tall metal tank filled with water. When triggered, the girl inside begins thrashing around violently while blowing bubbles from her mouth. The effect is very disturbing. All of the bearings and cylinders are made for use in harsh environments to ensure the product's long life. $3350' -- Pale Night Productions




_______________
Skelly Head Banger
'Articulating skeleton beats his victim’s head to a bloody pulp. Thrashing him over and over into the floor. $1743.75' -- Scare Factory


----



*

p.s. Hey. Today is a warning that Halloween is about to get thick around here. I'll try to keep this place indulgent of your interests and not too hijacked by my self-indulgence. Happy weekend. ** David Ehrenstein, Very interesting behind the scenes on Paul Sharits. I didn't know squat much less about that. A post on him seems mostly definitely in order. Thanks a lot. Steevee, who saw both the European and US versions of 'Enter the Void' said, yeah, it's shorter, but he couldn't tell what was missing, so that's good at least. ** Nb, Hey. Yeah, I read 'AM/PM', which is terrific, and I think this new one by her is even better. Cool you know and like her work. Cool (to me) that you're coming around on Tao. I think liking him makes the brouhaha he causes much more fun and interesting. I'm down for a car rental and spooky house tour. I've begun my annual search for spooky houses re: a blog post and for fetish reasons, and I'll hunt the area around NYC in particular in case. Well, going as Dale Cooper would be affordable at least, right? Suit, hair gel, micro-cassette recorder, cup of coffee, ... Easy as pie, ha ha, basically. ** Empty Frame, Hey, man! Welcome back! Your new digs sound totally amazing. Especially the private tunnel, of course. I'm good, doing almost nothing but chasing my novel to the finish line 24/7, pretty burnt, almost broke, craving nachos, the usual. Blogger is definitely acting weird lately. It's not you. I'm trying to decode its version of normalcy. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone ... don't know what that is. A band? Say more. Excellent to see you, bud. ** Laurabeth, Oh, same boy, oops, sorry. I think my imagination got sucked in between the lines or something. What's the latest? ** Pilgarlic, I've been in Little Five Points. Not in a long time, though. Record shops, health food store, alterna-cafe, band gig flyers, be yourself vibe, tall ceilings, low buildings, ... That's my memory. It's strangely depopulated. Maybe your anecdote explains the blank. Deerhunter + 'Sick City' = some fine viddles, yes. ** L@rstonovich, My complaints about 'Salo' are rich with issues and too lengthy to go into here. But, again, I thought the novel deserved the world and not a pinch, although you're totally right that we're lucky to get what we got. Any new collab tidbits? ** El Caimán Divino, At the moment I need a jeweler as my coach more than Jodorowsky, although, if he's available, then hell yeah. You were a ballet pianist? Wow, that does really nice things to my imagination, but I believe you on the never again. Long story short, what a great idea for a novel. And if that new Aronofsky ballet film 'Black Swan' is any good, which I doubt since I think his work is mostly crap, and if it makes waves or something, which seems likely post 'Wrestler', it could even be a most timely project. Very cool. I'll see what I can sort out on French publishing suggestions. Hm. ** Steve Lafrieniere, Hey, Steve, maestro, god of the very many. Oh, okay. Heck, I'll call the guy right now before I space out. Hold on. Okay, he's shooting me at 5 pm today. All set. Thanks a lot for the alert, Steve. I need alerts. Cool if you can get to NYC to see 'Them'. No, the piece where I DJed was 'Knife/ Tape/ Rope'. 'Them' is a little earlier. It's mostly remembered when it is remembered because Ishmael did a, uh, 'dance' with the cadaver of a dead animal in it. Great to see you, Steve! ** Alan, Hey. Like I said, I don't know Breillat's inner thing well at all apart from what I glean from her work and interviews, but I wouldn't guess she's a Dworkian type in the slightest. I think that was Sotos drawing parallels for himself, but, obviously, I'm guessing and can't speak for anyone. The Blogger problems are theirs and mine. Briefly, they introduced a new editing system -- which they seem to have completely withdrawn within hours, hopefully for good -- and they offered a try out, which I took, but the try out altered the blog's system, and the only way to escape back to the old editing system was to click an indicated 'revert' button, which seems to have been buggy since the reversion emptied everything from my sidebar, and now I, like very many other people who made the mistake of trying out the new editing system, am in the midst of trying to retrieve what was removed somehow if possible, and there's no easy fix available in the settings. ** Killer Luka, Hey! You still in NYC? Might you show the mannequins/ dolls as well as drawings? I guess I would love to see them face their public in a big city way. I know what a Pict is. That should be an interesting costume. ** Kiddiepunk, Hey, M. We both missed the main Ellis event, but he's doing a bunch of other events too. I'll call you. I want to hear how shooting that guy's film went, obviously. Yeah, I have to say I was really disappointed with that Noe/Korine doc for basically the reasons you were. I thought they'd, like, be geniuses together or something and not just do next to nothing while barely in each other's company apart from technically. What a fucking missed opportunity supreme. That's pretty much what I mostly thought. Grr. ** Misanthrope, Oh, ace about the follow up completion funds. You're in or on your way to NYC right now if you're not up late. Shenanigans, please. I'll have to trust you on the Self. Dude's had his share of my brain cells. ** Bill, Cool, another DC's semi-related sale. Ka-ching. Oh, you completely deserve all that meaty input, so my trailer lust can take a breather. ** Changeling, Hey. Maybe I can do a 'Books I've read throughout my entire live and love' post. Yeah, sorry about the cash output aspect of those posts. When I do them, I have this kind of 'books grow on trees' gleam in my eye. Re: your blog, just feel lucky you didn't log in during the few hours when Blogger offered that new editing system that they seem to have withdrawn under threat of mass exodus. Dude, take it from a fan and someone who knows the makings of a great novelist when he sees one. You wouldn't fail. 'Well shod' sounds good enough. What did you practice? That information would seem to hold a clue. ** Steevee, Lil B's spoken/ ambient album? That does sounds fucking weird. ** Lux, Hey, Luxter! Great to see you, natch. That ghost stories post was actually a whole bunch of posts. Okay, dude, you owe me. Find them here: Ghost Story #1, Ghost Story #2, Ghost Story #3, Ghost Story #4, Ghost Story #5, Ghost Story #6, and finally Ghost Story #7. I'm reading 'Imperial Bedrooms' right now in fact. Take care, man. ** Inthemostpeculiarway, Hey. Oh, no, I'm sure it was my eyes that deceived me about who was who. My eyesight slowly erodes during the p.s. I'm hoping to either get the blog working normally or to accidentally wreck it beyond repair this weekend. You wrote a lot! Superb! I really hope you're not getting sick. Yeah, I saw that thing about Katy Perry and the Sesames. It made Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction seem like a boy scout's mom sewing a new merit badge onto his sash or whatever they call those things. My day, uh, was 80% novel work with cigarette and snack breaks. My agent's coming to Paris for a couple of days tonight, and he texted me to give his estimated arrival time. Got a small amount of money, which is a relief, but it's more of a start than a solution. Still, that was good. I got an email from the Recollets saying that due to recent encroachments by the homeless, the front gate's entrance code will be changed on Monday. It rained heavily, and, when it stopped, winter began. That what it feels like. It's suddenly kind of brr outside. When I was walking over to buy cigarettes, a guy looked at me funny, and he mouthed the words 'Homme au Bain', and I mouthed the word 'oui'. I wished there was something sweet to eat in my room, but there wasn't, and it was raining at the time, so I blew off my sweet tooth. Yury came home from work, went jogging, showered, and went off to the birthday party of a guy who used to work with him at Toni & Guy, and he didn't get back until I was asleep. That'll do, for better or worse. I hope you didn't get sick, and I hope you have a good weekend, and I hope to hear all about it. ** Sypha, Feel better, man. Are you? ** Ken Baumann, Yeah, this Sharits guy sounds more interesting all the time. I'll try to do him some kind of justice. Your new HTMLG post re: Mitchell Heisman is fantastic. If you were willing to hold the chicken on those Poquito Mas nachos before you sent them, I would kiss your feet. Seriously, try me. Ha ha ha, dude, those 'The Room' clips, holy shit. Everyone, do you know 'The Room'? If not or if so, know 'The Room' and know it some more (courtesy of Mr. Ken Baumann). ** Brendan, Just don't grow one of those ZZ Top beards that were so hipster earlier this year 'cos I think they're bordering on passe now. Sure, I know 'Purple'. It's inescapable over here. I used to read it when it was smart, and then it turned into an 'edgy' (ooh!) fashion magazine, and I stopped accessing it, but, hm, yeah, that new issue sounds like some kind of turnaround. I'll get it as soon as today. Thanks, knower of all things magazine-related. Fight that cold. ** The Dreadful Flying Glove, That email sounds like one for the ages. Post it or something. Guest-post it here if you like. How did you get to be so interesting? Tell me. ** Okay, that's that. If these animatronic Halloween props don't replace your eyeballs with sparkles, you have no soul. That's what I kind of think. But soul schmoul, right? Have fine weekends, and I'll see you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment