Monday, July 26, 2010

95 sand castles

----































































































----



*

p.s. Hey. ** Emily, Hi. Your new John Waters post is just splendid. Thank you a lot for it and for the alert. Everyone, Emily has continued/ doubled the great John Waters post over on her blog, including a fine take on JW's hugely underrated more recent film 'A Dirty Shame', and it's super highly recommended, and it's right here. Hope that hangover had the really short shelf life that hangovers usually and kindly do. ** David Ehrenstein, Ben Bagley put out a few albums of Kenward's stuff, my favorite being perhaps the one you mentioned, if it's the one where Kenward himself sings most of the songs, including my very favorite of all of his songs, the UFO mini-epic 'They'. David Leavitt: now there's a name you don't hear every day anymore. I don't think I ever read 'Maurice'. Oh, wait ... No, maybe not. ** Pilgarlic, Yeah, I'm a bit hampered at sushi places, unfortunately. I usually get the usually reliable vegetable tempura. Chinese is easier. Moo shu vegetable, slurp. ** Misanthrope, Hey, G. Really hope the tests today and tomorrow figure your mom out and how to get her fixed. My dad is in the hospital at the moment and not in good shape at all, so I know how the worrying goes, and let's exchange an overseas hug for luck. ** Joseph, Nice little semi-happy ending there on the slippery wallet saga, NYC trip being the poz and the cancelled card pulling up the rear, of course. I wonder how lettuce got to be so ubiquitous and popular. Happy 'bank open' Monday. ** JW Veldhoen, Wow, really nice read and report on 'Sick City' there. I hope Tony saw it. I think I get to start reading it this week unless a gloom that is threatening me actually gets me, in which case I will fondle it. The name Tom Church is familiar, hm. I'll try to check him. ** Im not an asbo im your next Prime minister, Hey, welcome to here. It's a pleasure. Wow, that thing you linked to is cool and dizzying. Everyone, courtesy of inaaiyPm, this is cool and dizzying. Thanks. Hang out if you feel like it. ** Waiting for John, I am very sad to hear about your tears, or rather sad that he mistakes them for applause. Assuming they are partly responsible for the beauty of your numbers #s 83 and 84, I do applaud them, however, and not heartlessly either. Once electricity was the most exciting thing in the history of the world, and perhaps its progressive leanings are due for a comeback on the 29th. I hope so. ** Memoirs of a Heroinhead, Hey, Shane. I'd never known the work of Martin Bladh before. Strange. That I didn't know it, I mean. It's quite the find. I may have to do something about it here. Anyway, ... Everyone, our pal Memoirs of a Heroinhead directs you/us to the very interesting work of the Swedish artist Martin Bladh, which I highly recommend, and also to an interview with Bladh by none other than the great Peter Sotos. Two treasure troves there, and do take advantage. Thanks a lot, man. ** Alan, Hey. Oops, sorry about the possible jinx. Don't worry. I don't even know how to jinx, and, anyway, my novel is jinxed, at least at the moment, and that should clear a little extra energy in the world to power yours or something. That sentence started with a point that didn't arrive. That's the jinx I mentioned. ** Colin, Hi, Colin, and thanks a lot. ** Tosh, Yes, hooray for Tony and Bill! ** Bill, Oh, my total honor, sir. Hey, I think I'll be seeing you in just a bit. Nice temperature, right? ** Christopher/ Mark, Hi. I should go read that Toibin piece, clearly. I will. You doing well? So, I'm gathering by your silence on the matter that you're not coming over here for the 'Roaratorio' shows? ** _Black_Acrylic, I'm glad you're feeling significantly better today, man. Your friend Ryan's fashion blog does look totally interesting. I'll peruse it thoroughly later. Thanks, Ben. Everyone, here's _Black_Acrylic: 'Oh and if you want a snapshot of city life up in Dundee, my friend Ryan has started a fashion blog on Facebook called like boys. It documents what he calls "terminal chic", and if you enjoy looking at interesting people then it could be worth a peek: LINK.' ** Ken Baumann, NW Italy is close enough for some solid train rides to and from here. Cool. I greatly look forward to the proximity. What was it about that hotel and/or spot? 'Memento' is the only Nolan I liked a lot, but I haven't seen it since it was first sprung. So, how does it hold up? Maybe he's better with less money. Higgs (and others) said very interesting pro-'Inception' things over on HTMLG, obviously, but I still wasn't and am not convinced. The divide in the film's reception is quite interesting. ** Killer Luka, You talked to him? Wow. Interview him for my blog, why don't you? He or many things about him beg for a Day. I think the new drawing is my very favorite of the recent group so far. The helmet is incredible, and his face is magic. Everyone, here's the latest of the recent series of sublime drawings by the resident genius artist Killer Luka, and probably my favorite thus far for whatever that adds. Go! ** You-x, Hey, man. Yeah, we went on Goudurix. Very nice. Never taken that many complete loops in such quick succession on a coaster before, and it was brain scrambler. Transdémonium was charming. It could have been a 1000% better, and I could have turned it into a great dark ride with permission and about six figures to work with. Oh, yeah, the single on the Deerhunter site is great. So is 'Helicopter', which I guess isn't public yet maybe. Where did Kyte move? What's that story? I'm very glad that Panda? is up and about and free to practice his genius unencumbered again. ** Steevee, Glad that you're going to go ahead and submit that script, and I hope the Mad Men premiere rocked. Practically everyone I know in the US was just living through yesterday in order to get to the appointed hour. ** Trees, Hey, T. Well, weekend, two hangovers, sounds okay to me. I've got nothing to show for mine. Really glad you're writing. Poems, fiction, or what? Poems, right? That's a guess. I miss going to readings. Or readings in English that aren't by American novelists on French book tours. Not that they are many of those, even. Paul Auster reads here all the time. He's big here. You couldn't pay me to watch him read. I'm rambling, sorry. It's one of those mornings. Awesome about the imminent arrival of the post. You're the fucking best. ** Will Decker, Hi, Will. Yeah, PA is kind of a hassle to get to. Not for you or me, but for the French who seem to like to go by train or not at all. You're getting all dudded up for Chicago, eh? Good idea, what with its rather extreme weather. Chicago's nice though, big but somehow friendly big. Best to you. ** Statictick, Nice to hear you sounding psyched, man. ** Heliotrope, You definitely would have liked Parc Asterix. It was good fun even when you can't tell your -ixes apart like me. Photos on Wednesday, for what that's worth. I yet again spaced that yesterday was the big Tour de France ending, and so I didn't metro over to Concorde to watch it conclude yet again. Oh, shit, Scott died. I'm very sad to hear that. Ugh. Oh, that's very sad news. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Oh, I think you might have mentioned that a certain neighbor was a douche bag, yes? And still is, clearly. I hereby curse the day he was born! ** Nb, Oh, I liked the UFO tattoo idea. But one shouldn't rush into something as affixed as a tattoo. You're a sensible lad, clearly. Tuesday night ... that's tomorrow! ** Sypha, Very glad to hear you're feeling a little better. If it's as simple as iron supplements, that's pretty cool. Heck, I take iron supplements like vegetarians sometimes do. Hope you like 'The Books of Blood'. It's definitely among his best, I think, at the very least. ** 謝惠陳韋富敏 , Yeah, yeah. ** Luke, Hey, Luke! Wow, it's really great to see you! Sure, sure, I know what you mean about the contactlessness and where one's worth really is or where it gravitates. If I didn't do this blog thing, I'd probably be a stranger to everyone right now. Well, I'd really love to have that thing you want to send me, if you're ready to part with it. Very much. Do you need my mail address? It's me c/o Centre International des Recollets, 150 rue du Faubourg St. Martin, 75010 Paris, France. Are you still in NYC? I might be there for a couple of weeks in early October, and it would be great to see you. Yeah, wonderful to hear from you, Luke. You take good care, okay? ** Bollo, Weird how happiness and tiredness so often go together. Tit for tat or whatever. Jake Chapman wrote a novel? Hm. I suppose I can probably find that in Paris somewhere. Fun sounds fun, and I'll try not to think about Will Self 'cos that won't help me want to check it out. Cool, man. ** Slatted Light, Hi, David. Oh, thanks a lot about 'SiH'. I don't know if I'll go back to writing nonfiction. Maybe. I have this feeling that as long as I'm doing this blog, I won't. It uses what nonfiction used to use somehow. My novel is going very badly at the moment. I'm immensely frustrated with it and with myself and fearing for the worst. Those moods usually pass, and I hope this one will, but I don't know. I think I've heard of that Dumala film. In fact, I'm sure I have. I'll see if/where I can find it. DVD, I'm assuming? Well, even though I'm not at my best, I send you the best I've got, man. ** Gotta go. Gonna meet with d.l. Bill, your guest host of the past weekend, for one thing. I thought a summery post was a good idea. Today is that idea. I'll see you tomorrow, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment