Monday, February 28, 2011

Smoking Is Soooooooo Cool....


Saturday was Johnny Cash's birthday and Sunday was John Steinbeck's. I noticed over on Tumblr that people posted lots of photos of these two over the weekend and wrote tributes to them. Another thing I noticed was that virtually ever photo had something in common. In fact, I noticed that really great photos of many of of the greatest and coolest writers and entertainers over the years have something in common.

See if you notice it...

Johnny Cash:
Photobucket

John Steinbeck:
Photobucket

Hunter S. Thompson:
Photobucket

Bob Dylan:
Photobucket

Steve McQueen:
Photobucket

Arthur Miller:
Photobucket

Anthony Bourdain:
Photobucket

And … of course Matt-Man:
Photobucket


Notice what they have in common? Yup, they're all smoking.

So obviously, SMOKING IS COOL!

This upsets me because I don't smoke. Once again, I'm NOT cool. Oh I tried to a little back in college. You know, smoking Camel Lights and drink Heinekens while hanging out at The Library Club or George's Majestic Lounge. Kind of an “image is everything” type thing. But, it never worked.

Anyway, no big social commentary here or anything like that. I just noticed how cool all these dudes are and the thing they all had in common was creativity and talent that they all smoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment