Friday, December 31, 2010

They Gonna Die!



I squeezed in one more post in 2010...

So, last week Karen listed all the celebrities that she has chosen for her 2011 Death Pool. I’m not joining any this year, but I have in the past. But, even though I’m not part of a death pool, I thought I would list some of the people I expect to kick the bucket in 2011.

In no particular order…

Michael Douglas
Kirk Douglas
Aretha Franklin
Abe Vigoda – This is the year it finally happens!
Dick Clark
Nancy Reagan
Margaret Thatcher
Bob Barker
Zsa-Zsa Gabor
Mike Wallace
Don Imus
Betty White – It’s really the only way she can top 2010.
Courtney Love
Charlie Sheen*
Larry King
Jerry Lewis
Ted Turner
The Dude who hosts “Man vs Food” on the Travel Channel
Julian Assange
Peter Faulk
Eli Wallach
Morgan Freeman Nelson Mandela
Fidel Castro
Kim Jong Ill

And as always, I will add Jim Cantore to the list. One of these hurricanes will get him eventually.


I don’t know what the rules of the pool that Karen joined are, but a couple of years ago the one I joined did the 100 – the age of the celebrity at death = your points.

Say you had Blake Edwards in your death pool this year. Edwards died recently at the age of 88. So ..

100 – 88 = 12 points

So, I decided to roll the dice and put Dakota Fanning on my list two years ago. She was only 14 at the time and had she gone into a terrible teenage depression and started taking drugs and abusing alcohol and done a “River Phoenix” and dropped dead on the sidewalk, I would have gotten 86 big points and almost definitely been the winner. Unfortunately she didn’t die and I didn’t win. Although, I blame Nic Cage, who I also had on the list, more than her because I didn’t really want her to die.

Anyway, this wasn’t an “I want these people to die” list. Obviously, since Nic Cage isn’t on it. So, I’m not rooting for them to kick. I’m just saying that I think the chances are good that they will.



*And the hooker(s) that are with Charlie at the time of his passing will die too. Which will make them celebrities also.


In other news, we had another award-winning episode of “I'm With Stupid” last night. Matt-Man covered the Baby Drop in Muncie, IN, made a few predictions for 2011 and our very own Keith Olbermann did a special commentary concerning BTR's new rules. In fact, you can hear Keith right here:

And, if you would like to listen to the show, you can do so in the player over on my right sidebar. Or you can go to the show's homepage RIGHT HERE and listen or download it to listen to later on your favorite mp3 device. Lots of options!

Happy New Year Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment