Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Bitching About Stuff ...

There are a few things that have been getting on my nerves lately. So I thought maybe if I just blog about them, I’ll get past them and move onto other things that will surely annoy me too.


- You are not allowed to claim that there are TOPLESS PICTURES of a popular actress/singer/supermodel/politician/beauty queen, if she is actually covering herself up with her arm, hands or towel or anything else. Just because she’s not wearing a top, doesn’t mean she’s actually “topless.” If I can’t see her boobies, you can’t call her “topless.”

- You can’t use “Gonzo” in your name if you are just another Mommy Blogger. If you call yourself something like “GonzoBitch69” (which would be a really awesome screen name, btw) I better not click on the link to your blog and find nothing but stories about what you precious little snowflake did today. That’s not “Gonzo” style.

- If you are going to refer to NY Senator Chuck Schumer as “That Jew” issuing a statement where you just say “I don’t use a teleprompter” isn’t exactly an apology or an explanation.

- Memo to Dirk Nowitzki. If you alleged fiancé turns out to be a stripper with eight aliases and warrants for her arrest in at least two states, then it might be time to reassess where you life is going.

- Jessica Biel is the latest Hollywood Starlet to play the “My beauty makes it hard for me to get good roles” card. Jesus I’m so fucking sick of hearing this from these girls. She claims that she is getting beat out for good roles by Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson because she’s just too beautiful. Holy crap! Yeah, because Natalie and Scarlett are UHG-LEEE!

You know Jessica, it might be that you get beat out for those roles because these other women are, IDK, better actresses? Maybe they’re easier to work with. Maybe they’re not so damn hung up on themselves that they say “please don’t let my amazingly perfect beauty get in the way of my getting this role?”

Recently Megan Fox made a similar claim. She said she wasn’t taken seriously as an actress because she’s so beautiful. Um no, you’re not taken seriously because you don’t have much talent. And because just a week or so before your latest movie comes out you make sure let everyone know that you’re bisexual and want to get busy with Olivia Wilde. (So do I, by the way.) Which pretty much screams “Don’t take me seriously as an actress, just notice me because I’m freaking hot!”

Look, I know that really good roles for women are hard to come by in Hollywood. I know that every single young hottie gets a dozen offers a day to play a stripper or hooker. I know that it is insulting and it’s not fair. But, for these two to act like they don’t get roles because they’re so much more beautiful than everyone else is silly.

BTW, Charlize Theron gets great roles. And I dare you to say that she’s not freaking hot as hell…
Photobucket

--

The other thing I want to bitch about today is American Idol.

Patsy Montana (AKA: Rubye Blevins)
Glen Campbell
Johnny Cash
Jimmy Driftwood
K.T. Oslin
Charlie Rich
Conway Twitty
Amy Lee (Evanescence)

And now…

Kris Allen…
Photobucket

Yup, Arkansas’ domination of the music world continues.

I’m glad Kris won and I hope he has a great career. I don’t know if he deserved to more than Adam or not. I didn’t watch the final. But, there are two things that annoyed me about the whole thing.

- So many people, especially the media, tried to turn this whole AI final into a political battle. Once again, they wanted everyone to square off along the Red v. Blue lines. Just another battle in the culture wars.

And of course, when Kris won, people came rushing out to tell us all what this means about a Christian America and the rejection of gays and men who wear eyeliner or whatever. Which is total bullshit.

Kris won, because 38% of all votes cast came from the state of Arkansas. While it’s true that Adam probably did get a few of those votes, he was basically spotting Kris 38%, meaning that Kris didn’t need a big percentage of the remaining vote. No way Adam or anyone else was going to overcome that.

Which brings me to the other thing that has been annoying me…

- All the people in Arkansas who have been saying “You MUST support Kris because he’s from Arkansas!”

Really? How ‘bout supporting him because he’s the better singer? Why support him only because he’s from my home state?

I see this all the time in sports forums too. If you criticize any Arkansas player or coach then you’re not a real Arkansas fan! Real fans support the team no matter what and NEVER criticize!

What the hell people? Why do so many people always want to divide everyone up along political, religious or geographic lines? Why can’t we just fucking sit back and enjoy a singing competition or a sporting event without all this shit? Why do some people always want to take all the fun out of everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment