Thursday, November 29, 2007

Nadine Jansen Sunburl

CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY IN FAREWELL TO DEVELOP THE POETRY CURE ALSO

I hope you heal
 I hope you heal in a few days. I stop mayst smoke, 
to drink you, thinking of you. Maybe.
following the requirements of moral duty. I prescribe time
withdrawal, loneliness.

Do you feel good that you want nothing more than a week?
not much, or little, is enough. In one week
can collect all the loving words that have spoken
on earth and they can ignite.
you'll warm to this fire of love burning.
And silence. For the best words of love
are between two people who do not say anything.

There also burn this other language and subversive side that loves
. (You know how I tell you I
when I say "it's hot" "Give me water",
"know how to handle?", "It was night" ... Among the people,
on one side of your nation and mine, I said "it's too late, and you knew
saying "I love you.")

A week to gather all the love in time.
to give it. To do with it what you want:
save it, caress it, throw it away. Does not work,
true. I just want a week to figure things out.
Because this is very similar to leaving an asylum
to enter a cemetery. Jaime Sabines


(thanks to Marian perez, we approach this magnificent poet)

No comments:

Post a Comment