Monday, November 29, 2010

Home ...

So I made it through another great Thanksgiving week in Omaha. We had a good time even though it was pretty cold most of the week up there. There's just something about the cold up there that makes it feel colder than down here when it's the same temps. And it's not just the wind, although it is pretty windy on the plains most of the time. Like I said, 25 degrees up there, just feels colder than 25 degrees down here.

Anyway, it was basically the same trip that we've had every year, so I won't really do much of a trip report. Nothing too eventful happened. Well, other than when we got pulled over by a Missouri State Trooper coming home. I wasn't driving, so I'm not the one who got the ticket. But, I did get this pic of our friendly officer serving and protecting....
IMG_2349

And, my sister got a Wii. That means that we played some serious Wii Bowling and Golf matches. I'm pretty good at the golf, okay at bowling but really suck at baseball. Only played baseball once, but that was enough.

I did have Five Guys Burger for the first time ever. It was great. Especially the fries.
5guys

I also went to Trader Joe's for the first time ever. It was pandemonium there. It was wayyyyy too crowded to look around and see what all they had. So, I'll have to go back sometime.

We went there right after we went to some fancy kitchen store. You know, one of those places that tries to sell $60 cutting boards to stupid people who think it will work better than the $10 cutting board at Walmart will? Yeah, one of those stores. But, they did have some cool stuff. One major complaint was that you would think that a place that sells such high end stuff would have had softer toilet paper in their bathrooms. Weird.

We ate at Johnny's Italian Steak House one night. I had a 10 ounce fillet mignon (cooked medium) and a great big baked potato. And I hate the whole damn thing. It was delicious.

Then, I had almost two full plates at Thanksgiving dinner. That was some damn good stuff too.
IMG_2315

And poor Lucy and Cosette were always so sad when we left to go anywhere.
lucyCosette

But, they did get to lick the plates in the dishwasher before it was run. Cosette especially enjoyed the rack that the turkey was cooked on.
IMG_2318

So basically that’s it. Not too eventful, but a nice week. Now, it’s time to get my Christmas shopping done which should take me all of about 15 minutes.

Which reminds me. I think I’ve decided against sending out Christmas cards this year. Maybe a couple, but not a whole bunch like the last two years. Last year I sent out over 40 and only got like 12, so why keep sending cards to those fuckers? Yeah, that’s kind of childish, but I don’t care. Pfffffft

Oh and I almost forgot. We have discovered that listening to “I'm With Stupid” every Friday night at 11 pm EST, or in archives over on the right side bar of this blog or even downloading the show and listening on your computer or iPod is an orgasmic experience. At least it was for Meg Ryan...

No comments:

Post a Comment