Monday, December 31, 2007

The last post of 2007

As a parting gift to 2007, I would like to offer a great movie quote that I stumbled over only yesterday. (I stumbled over two quotes, the runner up is from Clint Eastwood's corrupt-cop movie The Gauntlet, in which a cop comments about the district attorney: "Shit, he couldn't convict Hitler.") The winning movie is Hot Shots! Part Deux, a 1993 madcap sequel to spoof-comedy Hot Shots! In the scene Topper Harley (Charlie Sheen) is reunited with Ramada, played seductively by Valeria Golino. Topper, who had been romancing another woman, finally realizes he desires Ramada more than the other girl, who, like all the female characters in the movie, has a middle name of Rodham. Here it is:

Topper: Ramada, I want to be with you. I want to hold you. I want to meet your parents and pet your dog.

Ramada: My parents are dead, Topper. My dog ate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment