Thursday, May 5, 2011

math presents ... just another act of worship

----
abridged hearable script for ryan trecartin's 'p.opular s.ky (section ish)'
transcribed by math tinder


fuck you fuck you
you never remember
it's not my thing that i said to you
i have too much stuff
just let me get my stuff and i'll move on ok
sure that'll be fine i understand
hi
hey i'm back

it's really windy
my daddy got a helicopter dropped baggage
nothing that i have and don't care about daddy
fuck you i'm discovering more days of my life

i know it's kind of silly
but i've got some things i'd like to talk about with each other
hey why don't you come hang around with us today
hey i've got a thing with you with each other now
i like it bye

in the beginning don't make any international calls
i'm ready to flip this look
who's buying?
capitulation is sexy when you land on the right vibration
who the fuck are you talking to asshole
oh fuck once i have a monopoly i'm gonna rebrand him
oh fuck i forgot i had an appointment
a meditation appointment
we gotta go tame ourselves in energy drink
my diet is a hate singer-songwriter
why don't you write a song about it
i'm not so sure that's not my thing, you know?
i'm really into sexy music
you know the kind that's cute
i know where we can go to get really cute

the next time you see me i'll be able to play every instrument in the world
just fucking write me a system
times are so misleading
throw your globe out the window
i'm gonna go wash off this picket fence and fuck up a tanning bed
i'm just thinking same page a day late
you know, of course you know
global village
whatever you think
i'm over leadership
let's go buy some equality and have fun as a friend group

we is also so like us
number 1 of 1
yeah stupid great grandmother
when the time comes you won't be able to understand the battlefield
i can't wait until they invent concept camo
we're so social now
i want that work friend

i've been a ceo since birth
i'm looking for a group dynamic and possibly pre
what rumor? let me cash it in
i love tinted windows
i want you to look at me
motherfuckers where's my betrayal
consolidate not putting out
it's a free event
are you trying to say something about my sketch?
really maybe it's your father
i'm sorry i didn't mean that
you're being predicted
i grew up in a world where narration is the devil
i don't want to be involved with being narrated ever
i'm just kissing in 1st person
yeah what the fuck is up with fathers
totally betrayal dad
ew
add some gift
a million of these is and it is my birthday
when i look at you i'm like damn
who wants credentials for a benefit
benefits can be mutually beneficial
it's free too just have it

oh i didn't know you were pointing at me
i'm right here
that's not you
you need to go heat your canadian koreas cos i am never coming to visit you
no way would my people go for that
then you need to go make some new people

this is france
you've never been to france? i'm the real france
well i just hope you know
hello i am getting involved in your idea
so i hope that you don't mind being a slight step
your group 4 groups ad
i'll introduce her
it would be really great
yeah i'll do that for you
the function of the working class is just a job hunt worth beaching
until castles made of sand can be proud of their sandiness

you know what would be really romantic
was that your idea
why are people so afraid of community branding
so if you can understand this and be totally into the audience side of the podium
then i have 1 phrase for you
'with no words'

guys i forgot something
should i get lower
you look like me
oh my god we're global
we are you by the way i hate that bitch
you can't watch this is my apprentice
now everybody look over here you gotta do something for me
i want you all to sit on that side
now cut his hair
someone's calling me i'm gonna be talking

so cute
i wanna know when i'm more of you
do you have any friends?
don't look at me like you don't
no i know you know
you're very yeah
the van is double booked

when i get inspired i just get inspired and now i'm inspired
you are so desperate you will hire a translator for everything
but transparently it's just not working
don't just cut it, cut it for real
stylize your older brother
remember? joined the military
climax center behind my back
the one that i designed
i really like comfort
i mean shouldn't sisters share
just because i'm post doesn't mean i want what he wants
i surely am not going anywhere he goes
and i wish him happy well in everything that he plays
but i want a starting point
i just want to help people travel

i mean fine
happy birthday
but it's the last one
soon my name is just gonna be an underline
it's gonna be ridiculous

oh my god so sexy
isn't that box just so
yeah i'm really hungry now
i'll go somewhere
you know, like where you're going
i'm not so that i can use my other senses to own a cab
all this while i work out and tone my abs
ok i'm basically enabled

driver
why would i do this to you
back up please
no it was separate
i'm currently looking for a lot of cellmates
i mean soulmates
shut up i'm testing you
i'm unable to do anything real or fake
because reality isn't here yet right
i mean that's what you're saying
i'm a stepping stone
i've accepted it have you
this is it, and then the next time

i'm a 2 part section it's just true
you're not the ceadar in my memory
ceadar looks good picking up his phone
i think i'm gonna be someone with a bat
so what wave is sponsoring the current surf
everything we know is almost over
words have a lot of work to do
i just beat up all my boyfriends
light me on fire with a laugh track
you seem really uninterested
she thinks we like her
but my life is full of like her!!
yeah i'm going to architecture school
basically i just see home
is this a 3d soccer station?
well i had an exact replica made of his bedroom
this is called stalking
no it's called balance
people want their own
when i move he moves just like this
i'm thinking of trading the same places
you are such a silent age
did you forfeit

i'm your most loyal assistant
yeah it would be really natural okay
that was a really good reflection
i was just putting some eyeliner on
i'm just filling out all my options
these things are really tan
i fucking collect tan things so be careful
i'll container you
why are you so upset you've never even used it
you gave it to me when i was lost
i never put anything in it because i thought it was a potential anything
if you look the same why don't you share it
just show me the preset
i'm trying to say it
i can say it
yeah
he said it
i suggest since
when 1 and 2 equal 1
i ignore it
i look the other way
opportunity



----



*

p.s. Hey. Today not only does the blog get taken over by one my very favorite artists, Ryan Trecartin, but that take-over comes courtesy of the shaping abilities and aesthetic force of another favorite artist and d.l. supreme Math, so, yeah, it's awesomeness squared around here for the next 24 hours. Enjoy, talk to Math, and, of course, my bottomless thanks to she who made this. Oh, I want to mention something. I noted here a little while back that Lonely Christopher, the amazing writer and author of the latest LHotB book, is trying to raise the necessary funds to make his first film via Kickstarter. Well, as of this typing, there are 57 hours left to go until the Kickstarter venture succeeds or fails, and the project is just a hair over $600 short of the amount he needs. As you probably know, the way the Kickstarter thing works, if you don't make your goal, all the promised donations evaporate, so, if any of you have some spare dough, I urge you to help LC through the final stretch. You can see what I'm talking about and help if you can and want by clicking this, which will take you to the Kickstarter page. Thanks a lot for your consideration! ** Cap'm, Ha ha, nice, a human after my own ... heart, that's what you are. Holy shit, the link, ha ha again. Super! Everyone, via cap'm and regarding yesterday, just go. If there'd been an embedding option there, ... Thanks, pal. ** David Ehrenstein, Hey. I jokingly asked him to ask Ms. Rampling why she came out in passionate support of Sarkozy during the last election, and he jokingly nodded in the affirmative. Sounds like you had a nice day with the other DE. Hooray for science nerds! And for budding musical theater performers too, of course. ** Bernard Welt, Well, they referred to it as a cravat, but it sure looked like a bowtie to me. A little black one. Sort of little. ** Pilgarlic, Hey, man! How the heck are you? Where you been? You feeling better? Well, yeah, I mean, Reznor kind of stepped into that one, didn't he. I can't imagine he won't release it clean now, right? Dude, awfully good to see you. Catch me up. ** MANCY, Hey. Totally. I never got to see the shotgun stuff, but I saw a lot of fire and naked gold girls. Hardly anyone if anyone at all can touch the BS live in their prime. ** James, Funny and true. I don't horribly mind having my photo taken if I never have to see the photo, but for like magazines and stuff, scary. Gosh, I don't want to make you buy a scanner 'cos that's too much responsibility, ha ha, so, uh, if I say go for it, consider it just a kind of blurb for the notion of buying one. I guess that was me saying go for it sort of the way a fly says go for the flyswatter. Yeah, I think Love Magazine publishes either twice or maybe four times a year, I can't remember. Bieber's on the current cover. Published in the UK, yeah. Maybe it doesn't get distributed in the States? I don't know. It's all prominent and chic and popular over here. My thing will be in the next issue, whenever that comes out. Um, fall? I guess I should find out. I can picture me in a clip-on bowtie, but not in a real one. Take it easy, bud. ** Sypha, Hey. I remember the 'Celestine Prophecy' fad pretty well. It was sort of the 'Da Vinci Code' of its time except it was also sort of considered the New New Testament by the New Age set. And your description makes it sound exactly like that. I think I ended up being given copies by three or so wild-eyed, well-meaning, hypnotized seeming acquaintances. I think maybe my dad even gave me one. I think I flipped through it for a minute or something. Weird that there was never a movie based on it unless there was. ** Bill, I think the photo session was even too transgressive for my imagination to coopt. You can probably see at least some Gisele's photos while you're over here this summer. And the Villaronga? Curious sounding Cronenberg film, obviously. Hunh. ** Wolf, You think? Maybe a butthole surfer who spends more time falling off the board than staying on. Anyway, yes, they fucking ruled back then. Skip PJH's latest? That's a divisive album. I've been urged and purged re: it in equal measure. I'll wait. Let me know when your Paris thing is set and, yeah, do come, and let's book the sucker. Fun! ** Steevee, Oh, I see. Yeah, curious to hear your thoughts. Wow, about the Russell/Diesel thing. I'll have to see what the fuck that sounds like later. Everyone, Steevee has a very interesting offer for you. If you click this link, you will find -- and here I quote Steevee -- 'some abortive recording sessions produced by Arthur Russell featuring the future Vin Diesel back when he was aspiring rapper Mark Sinclair'. Tell me that you don't feel utterly compelled to click that link. You can't, can you. ** Jon Reiss, Well, hi there, Jon! Yes, I did 'Like' you over there yesterday because I really, really liked the thing I 'Liked'. I've been trying to avoid FB lately because I only had 22 friends slots left before the 5000 cut-off and, like, 88 friend requests, and it freaked me out. But yesterday I let in the final 22 via eeny-miney-mo, and now I guess I have to set up a 'fan' page, which probably means I'll be trying to avoid FB for a while again. I'll watch for those two Tribeca FF treats. Yeah, new novel coming up. Yeah, sure, I'm way down for and would be way grateful about an interview. Say the word. You're nice. I was only into or interested in Chaos Magick and sigils when I was writing 'Guide', which, as you probably know, talks about sigils and is a sigil itself. I can't say that I ever really believed in that stuff, which may be why the 'Guide' sigil might not have worked if, that is, it hasn't worked, and I'm not saying because that reveal would fuck up the magick. So I guess maybe a teetsy weentsy little piece of me isn't entirely skeptical. Aliens, really? Interesting. I think the only mystical thing I mostly kind of believe in is karma. ** Gregoryedwin, Goodness gracious! Wow, it's you, my old buddy, buddy to many here, how awesome! It's really nice to know you're still out there. Well, I figured you were out there, but I guess I mean that you're still using a portion of your eyesight as a tether to this place. That's a lot teaching. I'm assuming you dig it though, yeah? And that you're doing swell? Anytime that time permits and you want to pop in here, here would be like clover and I would be like pig, man. Thanks, thanks for stopping by. You rule, and you always will! ** Schoolboyerrors, Hey. Oh, I don't know. It just happens. It's not even fake or anything. I don't understand it myself. It's weird. What was that interview for, do you know? I learned a lot just from your report. You've had quite a momentous inner life, young man. I guess I have too, and we've ended up being almost the same person at least in those three categories. See, life is magic! That explains everything! ** Hyrule Dungeon, Surely, you're going to win. I can't foresee any other outcome. Nice work, man. Everyone, d.l. Hyrule Dungeon wants to contextualize his being into a sold out Odd Future gig, and he's hoping this, which he made with his own two hands, imagination, and technology, will be fine enough to get him a ticket, and it obviously will, right? Give us the good word. ** Heliotrope, Markster! LA's overheated? Already? I'm just liking that neighbor of yours less and less and less. Oh, come on, have the 50th birthday party. Seriously, I mean, come on. 50 is the last 0-related birthday before people start thinking you could die at any moment. It must be celebrated and in high style. Make it happen! I can be your Skype guest! Think about it! Fun! Hm, I wonder if Joel would be into the Ozzie sublimity. I've never tested him on that. I think so. Yeah, I think so. Miss you muchly too, man. ** Bollo, Business cards are often used by hobos to floss their teeth. That's reason enough. Opening, food, drink, people, etc. ... cool! I went to one the other night but without the food part. Coincidentally, I let you know about that thing this very morning. ** Chilly Jay Chill, Hi, Jeff. I saw the Buttholes live, uh, three times. Always incredible. Especially on the 'LAT' tour when I saw them in Amsterdam and they caught the venue on fire, scarily but but not in the 'run for your lives' way. Sure, you can ask 'TMS' questions here. Given my email habits, it's probably a better place to do it. If I feel like I should be discrete about certain details, I will. Really nice about the indie book review gig! That's great! I finished the new McClanahan just the other day. Loved it a ton. And the Blake, well, I mean, duh. Is the Kimball the never before published in the US earlier book that came out here recently? I need to get that. ** Chris Cochrane, You never saw the Buttholes live? Oh, too bad. They were crazed and unbelievable. I'm going to post some Utrecht photos in a personal photos round up-type post soon. I ended up getting not so many good ones due to my shit camera and shit abilities. But, yeah, soon. Hey, how was the New Museum gig, man? Tell me! ** Ken Baumann, As long as either Leo or that 'You're tearing me apart, Lisa' guy is attached, I'm in. No, I'm in no matter what. You know me. ** Alan, Interesting question. I think for me it's more like casting myself as them, playing the role of them, wearing them. Because it's always and only one's supposition of them, right? Make sense? ** Math, Dude, today, what can I say apart from Ryan Trecartin rules, as do you, and thank you! Congrats and totally awesome about the job. You have to promise to spill the beans even cryptically on any celebs who slip in there. Yeah, you won't see me in LA this weekend, obviously. My trip has been delayed, hopefully for a short time, long story very short. Sucks. Sucks! But, dude, really great about the job, and happy KH b'day a day late! ** L@rstonovich, What a great favorite band you have there. Speaks to quality of your soul. I was just pondering that 'whatever happened to' question myself 'cos Simon Reynolds raises that issue very interestingly in his piece on Not Not Fun in the current Wire. What a question. ** Andrew, No, I didn't get to keep the McQueen. I jokingly asked, and they said no with a smile but not jokingly. But what do you want to bet that Christophe Lemaitre, who was being shot right after me, got to keep his costume? I'll bet you anything. ** BLAKE BUTLER, Blake! Hey, hey, hey! Man, I can't possibly begin to even begin to tell you how incredibly happy it makes me that you like 'TMS'. I mean, really, that means so much to me! Thank you, pal. Wow, yeah, just thanks. Today is good! Yeah, I'll be over there for the book launch stuff, and I really want to see you, hang out, talk novels, etc., etc. It seems like things are going really great with yours so far, from what I can read and hear from over here. So thrilled about that! Thanks again, Blake. Really, you just totally blindingly lit my day. ** The Dreadful Flying Glove, Yeah, I do love reading Cope's enthuses. Really, you like Fahey's words more than his sounds? Hunh. I love his words, but his sounds are kind of heaven to me. I just have to slap on 'America', and I'm bawling like a baby. Well, then, the world needs a new Bert Jansch? Does that work? 'Cos the world definitely does. Oh, given my infamous email phobia, let me slip you the following cryptic tidbit: The APP thing will be appearing here on Saturday, the 14th. News on the other thing very soon. Gosh, thank you! ** Inthemostpeculiarway, Hey. I did indeed have a bowtie with a spy camera in it when I was a kid. Did I reveal that factoid here at some point? I guess I must have. So, Audrey Hepburn and Keith Haring have/had the same birthday? Mm, I can see that. I don't know why. I met Luke Skywalker once. Well, Mark Hamill. Not so long after 'Return of the Jedi'. He was at a gig by my favorite band of the time, The Quick. They were his favorite band too. And somehow he and I talked, I don't remember how. He was drunk and kind of rowdy mixed with friendly. I think we must have talked about The Quick. I can't imagine that I would have asked him about 'Star Wars' because of how boring and predictable would that have been of me. And I wasn't a big 'Star Wars' fan anyway. Hm, that wasn't an interesting story, but I started telling it before I realized it wasn't interesting. Your friend's grandmother is fascinating. Like she would be a great, great character in a movie or a book or something. That calendar thing is amazing. It's like this detail that, just on its own, makes her totally weird and compelling. That was great. I'm really glad you told me about her and the trip and the home visit. I got a lot out of it. And, of course, your telling is what made it magic. What was the barista reading? Gummy bears are way good. You're right about the clear ones, yeah. Do they have Haribo candies over there? Haribo make like 8 million different kinds of candies all that taste and look and feel like Gummy Bears but a lot wilder sometimes. My day: Not a very interesting one. Let's see ... oh, three different friends all either wrote to me or IMed me at FB to say they're coming to Paris very soon, so that was exciting. They are the writer Lynne Tillman, the writer/editor Jason McBride, and Juan Velasquez who's in the band Abe Vigoda. I worked a bit on that thing I called a secret mission the other day. I worked on some blog posts. One of the editors of the magazine Another Man called me to ask if I want to write a cover story for them on Michael Pitt, and I said I would have to think about it and get back to him, and now I'm thinking about it. I got a text message from Apple saying my new laptop has shipped and that it won't be here until the 11th, and that's scary 'cos I don't know if this dying one will be able to live that long. The Recollets has this cafe, and it was closed for a long time because the people who ran it left and new people were redoing it into a new cafe, and it opened a couple of days ago, and yesterday Kiddiepunk and Oscar and I tested it out by having a coffee. It's fine, not so different than it was before apart from the different arrangement of the tables and these two young French waiter boys who are nice and cute in one case. K, O, and I decided to go see the new show at the Jeu de Paume museum today, and we will do that soon after I finish this. I bought cigarettes. No drama there. I worked some more on stuff. I read a zine that I picked up at the gallery the other night called 'Conservative Shithead: A Grindcore Journal' and it was pretty good. Yury came home from work, changed into his jogging clothes and went jogging. I ate. He returned and ate. Some TV, sleepiness, and then sleep. And Thursday, my friend? How was it? ** So, get fully with the Trecartin/ Tinder combo today, and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment