
































































,+Pietro+Coppo,+1528.jpg)




----
*
p.s. Hey. Today You-x is at the plate, and the incredible goods he brings do all the prep work he or I could add, so please explore the chosen corners of the world, and tell your guest-host what you think you've found. Thanks a lot, Mr. -x, and thanks in advance to you who don't just sit there looking in silence. ** David, Glad you got pleasure out of that Larry Clark film. Pleasure is good. ** 'Stoopid Slapped Puppies', Hey, Nick. Wow, that blog you found really is a find. Do you know Dogboy? Very impressive indeed. Everyone, 'Stoppid Slapped Puppies' found an amazing blog called 'Yours, Dogboy', and you really should click this and go see what he meant and what I consequently mean for yourselves. Serious score there, man. Oh, I always need posts. Posts from you guys are what keep this place from running dry. If you feel like it, awesomeness. Thanks a lot and mucho affection, Nick. ** David Ehrenstein, Well, that's certainly one of the big reasons. ** Stan_cz, Old or new, very fine work, man. Things in Brest are very busy and kind of stressful but getting there. Yeah, this is our last week to make and finish the theater piece since it premieres on July 8th. Since we could definitely use another month instead, it's crunch time, and it feels like it. ** Stephen, Hey! Oh, cool, I just caught the first few seconds of the video/reading since I'm in my usual mid-p.s. rush, but I'll watch the entirety later today. Everyone, d.l. Stephen aka the splendid writer Stephen Boyer recently read his work with a video camera watching happily and in a reading series called 'Sex Worker Literati: Stories of Dirt, Danger, and Debauchery', and, between Stephen's mega-talent and the context's intrigue, that should be more than enough to get you over there to watch, no? Glad you and NYC are getting along so well. Well, I think I might be in NYC for a week or two in early August. I'm waiting to hear if that's happening or not. It would awesome to see you if I get there. I'm good, just overly busy with projects at the moment. In other words, can't complain. ** Jose, Hey. Well, the media seems to have decided that 'pissed off' is the message they want to convey about the French reaction to the team's failure. In reality, that's way too simplistic, and that's really just a lot French stereotyping and bashing, I think. The feelings about it are all over the place, from, yeah, anger to disappointment to confusion to indifference. As much as football means over here, it's still just a game, and their team sucked this year, it's not people here are thinking it's anything else. ** Alan, Well, many thanks to Sujatha then, and congratulations as well for the anthology inclusion. That's excellent news! ** Killer Luka, That's what I thought. ** _Black_Acrylic, God, that's a grim, sad final note. There must be people, bands, etc. who will put their heads and monies together to prevent that from happening. ** Postitbreakup, Hey. There is no deadline for posts. The more the much, much better for me and this place. I am eternally in need of them. Thanks! It doesn't sound exactly like breast. It has a French twist in the pronunciation. And, of course, they don't call them breasts over here. ** Pisycaca, Hi, Montse. Oh, no, I don't know the band Salem, I don't think. Cool, thanks, I'll go add them to my life. I hope the celebrations last night were something of a very pleasant relief, firecrackers notwithstanding. Love to you. ** Matt Cassidy, Hey, Matt! Nice to see you. Interesting about your conversation with Don Bolles, his book, your short story. When he was really young, pre-Germs, I think, and I was a little less young, and pre-whatever I am now, he brattily wiped fake blood all over my shirt at a punk club, pissing me off royally. We talked on the phone one time years later. Very cool guy. So, yeah, very nice, and I look forward to reading whatever you end up writing. ** JW Veldhoen, Happy to have contributed to your svelting. That should be a word. ** Steevee, Hey. ** Ken Baumann, Hey, K. Thanks for propping the post. I was starting to think I'd wasted my time. Yep, you better get that nose to the grindstone, man. Next fall looms. Hope you're doing great. ** Jesse Hudson, Hey, Oh, thank you a lot, Jesse. Well, the issue of representing something as real and disturbing as that in a way that doesn't make the realness an excuse, etc. is a super complex one, yeah. Something to be eternally grappled with and likely never resolved. The thing is to have the courage to try, I guess, and the willingness to fail. I like seeing art when it's very stressed by both internal and external issues. I like work that has failure built into it, I guess. Talk to you soon. ** Justin, Thanks for the explanation. I see. The term is odd and interesting to me. 'Borderline personality', as though personality itself were a predescribed, defined thing. Depends on what you mean by foreshadowing. Not in the conventional story/plot based way, but if foreshadowing includes building hints and triggers into the prose, style, structure, etc., I do that all the time. I mean, all the time. ** Statictick, Thanks about the post, man. Hm, your description of the flyer and Avakian flushes me with respect for him, the cause, the store, etc. I don't think there is a wrong audience, I guess. I think the revolution can start anywhere, and borders' impassability are an imaginary construct, and every believer in the cause of revolution is a singular and unknowable force. In other words, I dig your neighborhood, ha ha. ** Inthemostpeculiarway, French without syrup? You mean without anything at all? No, like, sugar or jelly or anything? Never tried that. The birds yesterday were actually in good form unlike a lot of other parts of the piece. Your ears sure are weird or rebels with the wrong cause, I guess. My day: as will be the case until I leave on the 30th, it was non-stop work. We mostly worked on the troubled last section of the piece, like I said, fiddling, trying new possibilities, etc. Then at 5 pm, we had a full run through that was a semi-disaster. The fog was completely fucked up, and the lighting and holograms were pretty screwed too. Plus, there are these two scenes that just aren't working. We keep revamping them slightly, and they still don't work. It's too kind of complicated to explain well. One big problem is that the texts I wrote were written specifically to be very emotional, to disrupt the piece, which is very dreamy and trippy and visual, with these deep, sad, moving emotional reveals. But Gisele decided to get rid of the emotional stuff entirely, and that means trying to make texts that were designed to showcase and inspire emotion do something completely different, and they just aren't working right without the emotion, and it's too late to go back to the original plan even if Gisele wanted to, which she doesn't. So, I don't know. Today is going to involve heavy, detailed work to try to figure out some way to make the scenes involving those texts work somehow. So, that was the day until nighttime for me. The only other thing I did was walk to the supermarket to buy something to eat. I'll see if I can find something interesting to talk about in today's edition of the ongoing story. Your turn. ** Sypha, 40 books in 6 months would blear anyone's eyes, I think. Mine at least. ** Nb, Dude, I swear to God, I'll have tips for you in the morning. I underestimate how non-stop and burn-out and all occupying these work sessions are. I started making making LA notes on my coffee breaks, and I'll finish up today. ** Math, Hey, pal. That sounds so fucking difficult, Math, yeah. That non-hug, yeah, I felt that space between you guys in my bones. Taking time off sounds like a really good stop-gap measure for now. Man, it's so hard. I'm thinking about you even when I'm trying to make a 'forest' into a forest. ** Misanthrope, That is a really weird thing about the post to most 'get', yeah. Maybe it's a Libertarian thing, ha ha. Really hoping you get the news tomorrow so I can stop imagining you in a fancy suit whenever I close my eyes and, you know, do the old flipperoo or however you spell that. The last time I yelled at someone in anger? Hm. I think maybe six years ago and at, you guessed it, my psycho brother. It's such a rare thing that my family still talks about that outburst, which lasted about an hour, in hushed tones. ** Hedi, Hey, Hedi. That's a Debord quote? Or is that yours? Either way, wow, yeah. What is the Gary Indiana project, or maybe it's too early to say? Oh, I wouldn't be unhappy at all to see those snapshots. The past is so interesting, and to see myself in it is so curious. Naked Lunch party ... I'm blanking, but it's certainly possible, yeah, between the Grove Press and Ira Silverberg connections and my own complicated Burroughs fandom. ** Jax, Hey, pal. Thanks a ton about the post. So kind of you, and if the break helped on your end, awesome. Very good news about the radio play progress. That report on the progress was not muddled at all. You should read my mind when I'm slaving over my novel. Not dissimilar at all. Brest is ... exhausting and hopefully very productive by the time I get on the train back to Paris. There's so much to do in so little time that I'm kind of trying to be on automatic pilot about it because if I think about what we need to do vis a vis the few days we have left, I get very stressed out. But, yeah, it's a very work heavy time, which is good. Best to you. Brest to you! ** Oscar B, Hey, O! You just snuck in as I was about to post this thing. I got your mail, yeah! Thank you oh maestro and dear buddy. Tonight's the ball or 'Bal' or whatever, right? If you go, tell me what it was. Love to you. ** Right, I've got to get out of here and into elsewhere post-haste. Enjoy You-x's magical adventure, and I'll see you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment