Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Alan presents ... everything is funny





















































*

p.s. Hey. Very topnotch scribe, blog impresario, d.l. and way more Alan fills the blog's front page today with a guest post that makes the very notion of a proper introduction seem clunky. So, I'll just suggest it's divine, and I'll leave you to experience it and turn your experiences into comments. Thank you, Alan, and thank you too, everyone. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm off to London this morning for the prep and opening of The Weaklings show. Hence, the absence of my usual wandering talk/type. Also as I said, I think I'll be doing the blog/p.s. pretty much as usual while I'm there, meaning through Saturday, or let's assume I will unless I'm forced to tell you otherwise. So, I'll see you and catch up with the gathered comments tomorrow. Before I split, I want to alert you to a couple of things of interest over at HTMLGIANT. First, renaissance man and d.l. Ken Baumann, in conjunction with the thoughts and words of fellow renaissance man Christopher Higgs, has made a very interesting post called 'The Beginners Guide to Deleuze', and it is accruing a great comments-based discussion as I type, and I highly recommend you check the whole thing out. Secondly, speaking of Mr. Higgs, the second installment of his terrific HTMLG series 'What is Experimental Literature? Five Questions', in which he queries 'experimental writers' about 'experimental writing', has dawned and will be running through the month of June with two updates per week. Brian Evenson is up first, and that post is here. Dodie Bellamy's answers will be up in a day or two, so keep an eye out for that. My answers will be appearing over there later in the month, and I'll alert you when the time comes. And one last thing: a number of people have asked if the opening event of The Weaklings show on Friday is private. No, it's completely open to the public, and please come if you're around there and feel like it. With that, I will now sling my backpack over my shoulder and head out the door. See you in roughly 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment