Friday, June 10, 2011

Disgusted



If you failed to read the topic of this discussion, please know that I am absolutely disgusted.
Now let me tell you why.


Recently, I read a post made by Gossipgirl4real.
And if you somehow bypassed that post, please take a look before continuing to read mine.


The topic she was speaking about had to do with a Stardoll club and a girl that posted a topic in said club. This girl basically said she was gorgeous and elite. She furthered the topic by posting a link to a picture that she claimed was her. And the photo of the girl she linked them to was gorgeous. 
No sooner than she posted this topic, people left replies putting this girl down. They said her mouth was too big, her head was big, etc. Come to find out, of course, she was not the girl in the photo.


And after gossipgirl4real posted the incident on MDM, comments came rolling in.
First they mentioned that she was a bitch and a delusional liar.
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but weren't you upset with her because she was being mean?
It's a little hypocritical to say demeaning things about her after you get upset with her for doing just the same thing. If you disagree with the behavior of someone else, why act just like them?


After readings those few comments, I posted one of my own that reads:
This behavior is sad and pathetic. I often times wonder what drives people to do such things. 
I do, however, agree with the anonymous commenter. This post was meant to validate that this girl was in fact, rude and nasty. And to all of us, behavior like that is unacceptable. Unless of course we are the ones exhibiting this behavior in opposition to someone that has recently exhibited similar behavior. If you find that her attitude and ignorance are completely unacceptable, then why must you turn the other cheek and become just as nasty, if not nastier that she is? What kind of person does that make you? 
If you wish to make an example of her to others in order to show that people shouldn't act this way, you shouldn't do so by treating her the way she treated others. That just regenerates the cycle.


Not too long after I commented, more comments began to pour in.
They were all saying and suggesting that she was just trolling, and it was just a prank.
And due to those facts, it was okay?


No, it isn't okay. If you use time out of your day to demean others all for the purpose of a prank, I feel sorry for you. And no, I'm not saying let's go around being peachy to everyone one we meet. I have no intentions of being peachy to those who I dislike for just reasons. However, I don't run around looking for trouble; and looking to upset someone. 


And you say that Stardoll users that cannot take a joke should avoid the real world? That is complete fucking bullshit. For one second, let's not think about the club members who should have known it was a prank, and she was trolling. Let's look at the girl in the photo, who is absolutely gorgeous, if I haven't already mentioned. She was thrown into something that has nothing to do with her. And she had people who didn't even know her, scrutinizing her at the hands of someone else.
If any of you believe that's okay, get some help.


Let's all take a step back, and look at this from a conceited point of you. Imagine if that girl in the photo was you. Would you be okay to stumble onto this conversation and find that you were being told that you were ugly, when people saying you were ugly may not have seriously thought that, but were just throwing out insults to get back at the person who first insulted them?


The whole idea of this trolling and pranking at the expense of someone we don't know is sick.
I am disgusted by those actions. Furthermore, I am disgusted with myself for having once been similar to this girl. Never again, will I attempt to make someone who has brought no harm or ill feelings towards me, feel like shit. People like her remind me everyday what kind of person I never want to become.


Don't shove a peace sign up my ass and call me happy.
I'm not preaching peace and love for all.
I am simply asking you all to take a step back and consider someone else before you consider yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment